A Chi Omega Is Never Alone
Ok, you guys should read this,
In the past week, I’ve made some pretty big changes. I’m now spending the summer in Washington state, living with my boyfriend. This is a humongous deal, as I’m Massachusetts born and raised, as is my whole family, and all my sisters are in North Carolina, where I go to school. I legit only know my boyfriend, his two young children, his familly, and his friends. I’m working as a babysitter, so I’m not gonna meet people at work. I have no female friends. You guys know how important girl friends are.
See how I just wrote “all my sisters”. That’s where I made a mistake.
Last night, an idea popped in my head. I’m a member of the biggest sorority in America. Surely there has to be a sister in this state. I hopped on this blog, and couldn’t find any. Then I went on Chi Omega’s website, looked up a map with chapters on it, and messaged both of the presidents from the two chapters in Washington, pretty much explaining my situation, and saying if any sisters in the area would like to show me around, I’d soo appreciate it. Then I went and did five million other things and forgot about it. Well this morning, I woke up, logged onto facebook, and saw I had three friend requests, and a couple messages, one from the chapter’s president.
I got your email! A lot of our women live over on the west side of the Washington while on break so this is a good time to get in touch! I’ll pass on your message to the members of my chapter and probably send some friend suggestions your way! “
Throughout today, I’ve received twenty facebook friend requests, and they’ve all messaged me, inviting me to hang out, talking about East and West and North and South; and all the differences those entail. I’m planning a girls night with a bunch of them, and one invited me to go on a double date with her boyfriend and mine.
I was in tears this morning, when all this was happening. I was so alone here, and now I feel so much better. This chapter (Beta Beta) is so welcoming, and friendly, but is that really a shock? I mean they are Chi Omegas.
So here’s my challenge to you all. Are you stuck in your hometown, miles away from “all” your sisters? I promise you, there’s a sister living within fifteen miles of you. Get in touch with her. I promise it isn’t creepy. We didn’t just join our sororities for our chapters, we joined them for after college too. You might just make a friend who you’ll have for summers, and after college as well.
29 Notes/ Hide
- justcallmehayley reblogged this from chioconnect
- michellealyse likes this
- bugglyboo reblogged this from chioconnect
- smilebehoppe reblogged this from chioconnect
- smilebehoppe likes this
- leodicaprioing reblogged this from chioconnect
- seoulsistasarah likes this
- natnicole12 likes this
- mollypop19 reblogged this from chioconnect and added:
- victoriamorse likes this
- alldressedinargyle likes this
- asonejourneyends reblogged this from sweetnessanddecency and added:
- miniknight15 likes this
- sweetnessanddecency reblogged this from chioconnect and added:
- alisoners reblogged this from katy-mylady
- caitycake reblogged this from chioconnect
- caitycake likes this
- katy-mylady reblogged this from chioconnect and added:
- katiebugoo reblogged this from chioconnect
- chmns likes this
- chmns reblogged this from chioconnect and added:
- elysemrunkel reblogged this from chioconnect
- asonejourneyends likes this
- jocelynou likes this
- concretecanyons likes this
- concretecanyons reblogged this from kathrynlizbeth
- andreasanders likes this
- kathrynlizbeth reblogged this from chioconnect
- chioconnect posted this